|I am starting a new project using this part of CatNews.org to raise money for a New Cat Food Bank for all the homeless and shelter cats and kittens in San Antonio |
I have collected some of the coolest cat and kitten products on the web. I am trying to find cat & kitten products you can't find at Petsmart or Walmart.
Cat and Kitten Picture Gallery
The Cats and Kittens of CatNews.org
CatNews.org - HOME
Take me back to the front page
Do You Shop On Amazon? - You can help feed homeless & shelter catsIf you buy any of these cat or kitten products from Amazon.com CatNews.org earns a 4 to 6 percent commission. I plan on using this money to help fund a Cat Food Bank that donates cat food to the many are San Antonio pet shelters that help cats and kittens. If you are going to buy anyway, why not help feed homeless cat or kitten?
Shopping though CatNews.org is something you can do that makes a big difference in a cat or kittens life and won't cost you anything extra. Won't you please help? :)
You Can Help Feed Homeless Cats & Kittens for FREE
Post this banner on your blog or facebook page and when ever someone from your site buys anything from Amazon CatNews.org gets a commission to help homeless cats in San Antonio, Texas. Thanks for your help:) Image #2
HTML Code for Image #2
Need A New LitterboxBuying a new litter box? Buy it though this link and help build the new San Antonio Cat Food Bank
Try this website too.
Cool Cat & Kitten Products
Girl with Kitten Rubber Stamp - $9.00Girl with kitten Rubber Stamp WM 3.2x2.25"
Hand Cast Stone HAPPY FAT Kitten CAT Garden SCULPTURE - $64.95Here's one smart looking cat for your garden or for a perfect door stop
Chicken Soup for the Kitten Lover's Soul Kitten Formula - $29.00Fresh Ingredients, A Pure, Clean Taste and Healthy, Wholesome Nutrition. Only the Best for Your Pet. Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's SoulTM brand dog and cat food is proud to bring your pet a complete and balanced all natural pet food
Cats Kittens Shower Curtain Hooks - set of 12 - $8.99Cats - Shower Curtain Hooks
Set of 12 hooks
Matching shower curtain available
Two Kittens - Light Switch Cover - single toggle switch - $11.75Two Kittens Light Switch Cover is new and handcrafted utilizing unique process resulting in a stunning high gloss ceramic-like finish. SET OF MATCHING SCREWS IS INCLUDED giving it a perfect finishing touch. Made of durable metal material.
Barn CATS Kittens Decorative Wood Wall Clock - $25.00Has easy wall mounting
Measures approximately 11.5" in diameter
Provides accurate quartz movement
Requires (1) AA battery - not included
Made in the U.S.A.
Authentic Ohm Hugging Kittens Hug Cats Sterling Silver Bead Charm - $19.99Compatible with the most popular bracelet brands!
Made of .925 Sterling Silver
Interchangeable European Charm Bead
Measures approximately 7.5 mm x 10.5 mm x 12 mm
Authentic Ohm Jewelry
Bergan Turbo Track Cat Toy - $15.15Hours of interactive entertainment for you and your cats
Each piece twist-locks to another for endless possibilities
Encourages exercise for a happy, healthy cat
Includes ball that rolls in circular track
The only limit is your imagination
SmartCat 3833 Peek-a-Prize Pet Toy Box - $21.51Heavy-duty wood toy box to hide toys inside
Keeps curious cats mentally and physically sharp
Works with almost any appropriately sized toy or catnip
Encourages cats¿ natural predatory behavior
Rotate toys for extra fun
Petmate Deluxe Fresh Flow Pet Fountain - $27.00Pet fountain for multiple-cat households or small dogs
Provides stream of naturally cool and oxygenated water
Translucent 50-ounce reservoir; replaceable charcoal filter
Flow-control lever; ultra quiet; made of easy-to-clean plastic
Measures 13-1/2 by 9 by 7 inches
Contech StayAway Motion-Activated Pet Deterrent - $29.63Humane method of keeping pets away from certain areas of your home
Uses high-pitched sound and air burst
Detects motion from up to 3 feet away
Odorless and completely safe
Requires 4 AAA batteries (sold separately)
Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box - $32.72Large litter box self cleans by rolling to the right and back again
Waste collects in the pullout tray for quick, easy disposal
Effectively controls dust and contains odors
Ideal for big cats or multiple-cat households
Measures 19-1/2 by 22 by 20 inches
Tattle Tale - Vibration Pet Trainer - $25.95PET TRAINING - Keeps Pets off Furniture, Counter Tops etc
SAFETY AND SECURITY
Distinct - 3 second alarm
Assits with Behavorial problems in the home
Video Catnip -- DVD - $10.48keep your cat or kitten amused for hours
Birds, fish, mice, and more
My cats love this DVD
Wilton Kitty Cat Kitten Cake Pan - $19.49Contoured cake pan featuring Kitty Cat.
Crafted of quality aluminum for even heat distribution & long-lasting durability.
Realistic detailing is instantly recognizable...perfect for any party.
This large pan uses any two-layer cake mix.
Baking instructions included.
More cool cat products comming soon
More Articles from my Article Directory
How To Keep Cats Off Kitchen BenchesThis is a common question asked of cat owners. Most people assume that a stern "off" will stop your cat jumping onto kitchen benches. What is likely to happen by doing this is that your cat will learn not to jump up when you are around, but may continue with this behaviour when you're not home.
Many cat owners are happy for their cat to jump onto kitchen benches, but there are good reasons why this practice shouldn't be allowed.
* Safety: There is the chance that your cat could jump onto the hot stove top either burning itself by direct contact with the hotplates or knocking over a pan with boiling liquids. It may ingest cleaning products you have used in the kitchen such as bleach in the sink.
* Hygiene: Tiny particles of cat urine & faeces will be on the paws from using the litter tray. These will be transferred to the counter top. This may cause no illness in humans but why take the chance? What if your cat has been infected with toxoplasmosis or has a parasitic infection which you are not aware of?
* Food: Another safety concern is if your cat eats food from the bench which is dangerous, for example cooked chicken bones. Do you really want your feline tucking into Sunday's roast which is thawing?
There are several methods which can be used to discourage this behaviour using what is known as "remote punishment". This means the environment is responsible for creating a deterrent to jumping onto the benches, and not you. The focus is to make countertops an unattractive area to cats.
Continue Reading About How To Keep Cats Off Kitchen Benches
How To Clean Cat Vomit Off of Your CarpetWe all love and care for our cats despite their annoying penchant for vomiting on a regular basis. As with most things in modern society, spew removal is not as simple as one might first suspect. The results of my personal research indicate that there are three broad categories of spew that you, as a cat owner, ultimately will have to contend with:
* the traditional hairball
* the near-instantaneous upchuck of kibble just eaten (this will be designated a "kibble ball")
* the ever-disgusting, viscous mixture of partially digested food and digestive juices that comes up several hours after a hearty meal.
Each of these spew-types represents a different level of challenge in the attempt to destroy all evidence of the incident. We shall start with the easiest, the common hairball.
A hairball can be easily distinguished from other forms of spew. It is a compact, moist but not sloppy, torpedo-shaped object that closely mirrors the color of your cat's fur. Due to their benign composition, hairballs can be dealt with immediately (preferable) or at a later date (non-optimum) with little risk of damage to the defiled object (which for this article we will assume is your carpet).
Hairballs can be dealt with using a simple two-step process:
1. Remove the hairball gently from the scene of the accident.cat vomit Hairballs can be plucked, scooped or even rolled effectively from the rug using a variety of techniques and then disposed of. I prefer plastic spoons and knives that I get from fast food restaurants gratis. It is best to plan ahead and acquire these in anticipation of the need. The utensils can then be disposed of or recycled, in line with one's environmental beliefs. Stiff paper (higher quality junk mail) or cardboard (cereal box tops) are perfectly good alternatives. The primary goal in hairball removal is to not exert any downward force on the hairball, thereby driving any moist content further into the rug. Never attempt to run your vacuum over a hairball for this reason
2. Perform a simple dabbing-type cleanup of the area with a clean damp cloth or sponge. Using only water is the best approach. Avoid foot traffic until dry. Hairballs generally leave little trace on your rug once removed. A simple water clean up with a damp rag or sponge should suffice. Soap and water or a commercial rug cleaner can be used if necessary but these tend to attract dirt later on. Try to get away with just water if you can. I have used Resolve and Folex with good results when a stronger cleaner was needed. Read and follow the instructions on the bottles as these may lead to worse staining than the original cat spew.
Kibbleballs are somewhat more troublesome to deal with. The kibbleball results when a cat meal is injested and then, in short order, "degested" into a pile on the floor. Depending upon your cat's peculiarities, there may well be multiple (though rarely more than three) piles to contend with.
Many of the removal techniques that work on a hairball work just as well on a kibble ball as the true kibble ball is only slightly moist and has good shape retention characteristics.
Continue Reading About How To Clean Cat Vomit Off of Your Carpet
Should You Feed Stray Cats?The answer, of course, is yes, you should feed strays. Since cats became domesticated they are no longer wild animals that can fend for themselves outside. They don't survive very well outdoors on their own without human intervention.
The best that stray cats can usually do is to eat from garbage cans. Every now and then they may find a mouse to eat, but in general most stray cats are starving.
A lot of people are reluctant to feed strays for several different reasons. One of these is the idea that strays will breed out of control if you feed them. The truth is that strays can breed out of control whether or not they are fed. Not feeding stray cats will NOT reduce the stray population. Even very hungry cats can still breed and then they will produce starving and unhappy little kittens.
Also, remember that it isn't the cat's fault that he or she is a stray. Often strays are cats that have been abandoned by their owners for some reason. Other times, the strays are born outdoors to other stray cats. In any case, it isn't the cat's fault that they have no home. Also, cats are intelligent animals with feelings and individual personalities and it is cruel to let them go hungry.
A lot of people don't want to feed strays because they worry that if they feed a stray cat then it will hang around looking for more food.
So what! Cat food is fairly inexpensive and it cost very little to feed a cat, however, it will make a huge difference in the life of the cat you are feeding.
Putting out dry food is best, otherwise you may get all of the neighborhood cats looking for a handout - owned or not. If you put out only dry food you will usually only get really hungry cats. However, if you put out dry cat food you will often attract the other local wildlife, such as possums and skunks, which you don't want.
To prevent this you can put out dry food during the day and pick it up at night, however, shy or feral cats will usually only come to eat at night. Canned cat food doesn't typically draw other wildlife like the dry food does and so unless you have a lot of your neighbors' cats that are coming to eat at your house then you should probably put out a few plates or bowls (depending on how many cats you are feeding) of canned food at night. You should also provide a bowl of fresh water every day and each evening.
Continue Reading About Should You Feed Stray Cats?
How to Clean Cat UrineWhen cat urine seeps through carpet, into padding and down to the floor beneath, it can give your home an unpleasant aroma (to say the very least!). In almost all cases, cat urine is the worst perpetrator of pet stains and pet odors. If you own a cat, it's important for you to know how to clean cat urine stains.
The color of cat urine and its staining potential will often depend on dietary habits, age and sex of the cat, whether the cat is on medication, and the health of the cat. Urine can saturate absorbent materials such as carpet and padding, upholstery and mattresses well beyond the surface area that can effectively be cleaned. It is extremely difficult to remove all of the urine from inside of these materials. Even after a thorough cleaning, stains and odors often remain.
Tips on how to clean cat urine from the carpet:
Removing cat urine from your carpet can be one of the most difficult cleaning tasks, since it produce an especially persistent, unpleasant odor and amber-colored stains, so here are a few things you can do to eliminate them, when the "accident" is happens.
First, blot up as much of the urine as possible with a soft, clean white cloth or absorbent paper towel. Press down firmly (do not rub) for 30 seconds. The more fresh urine you can remove before it dries, the simpler it will be to remove the odor. Remove the towel and repeat the process until the area is fully dried. Rinse the "accident zone" thoroughly with clean, cool water. After rinsing, remove as much of the water as possible by blotting it up. Next, you have some options on how to clean cat urine from the carpet:
1. Baking soda works well to eliminate surface (but not deeply penetrated) odors. Dampen the area with clean water and then sprinkle baking soda over it. Rub the baking soda into the soiled area and let dry. Brush or vacuum to remove the dry material.
2. Another option in the how to clean cat urine list is white vinegar. Mix together 1 quart warm water and 1/2 cup white vinegar, and dribble the mixture onto stain. Place dry towels over the stained area and put something heavy over the towels to increase the pressure. After some hours remove the towels and raise the nap of the carpet with a soft-bristled hairbrush. Note: Test the vinegar solution on a piece of fabric that is hidden from view - under the cushion or on the backside of the furniture.
3. To clean old or heavy stains in carpeting, consider renting an extractor or wet-vac from a local hardware store. The extracting/wet-vac machines works like a vacuum cleaner and do the best job of forcing clean water through your carpet and then forcing the dirty water back out again. When you use these machines, you should follow the instructions carefully. Note: Don't use any chemicals with these machines - they work much more effectively with plain water.
4. One of the newest technologies for cleaning cat urine is penetrate the soiled area and deactivate the odor with peroxide or detergents. Simply spray a product that consist a 3% hydrogen peroxide and wait about five minutes. After that use a clean white absorbent cloth, blot the area, pressing down firmly (do not rub) for 30 seconds. Repeat this blotting process until the area is dry. If the stain or odor persists, repeat the process.Once the soiled area is really clean, you should use a high-quality pet odor neutralizer. Test the affected surface for staining first, and read and follow the instructions.
If the area still looks stained after it's completely dry from extracting and neutralizing, apply a specialized stain and odor removing bacteria/enzyme cleaner, such as "Outright Pet Stain Eliminator," "Pet 'Oops' Remover," or "Stain Gobbler". Check out the online merchants and catalogers selling pet supplies.
Tips on how to clean cat urine from your upholstery:
Continue Reading About How to Clean Cat Urine
How Sensitive Is A Cat's Taste?Since a cat's sense of hearing and smelling is more sensitive than ours is, it's reassuring to discover that in one respect leastways we have got superior sense organs. When it comes to the sense of taste, our tongues are somewhat more adept than theirs. However, just only slightly. Similar to us, cats are responsive to four primary tastes...sour, bitter, salt and sweet. We react to all four in a strong matter, but cats are lacking when it comes to sweet tastes. They don't have our 'sweet tooth'.
Until recently it was believed by many experts that cats were practically the only animal among mammals that wasn't capable of determining sweet tastes. One stated, with no expertise, 'The cat doesn't display any response to sweet tastes'. Another one stated, 'Sweet tastes can't be recognized by the cat'. This age-old belief now needs to be put away. Recent tests have proven clearly that cats can recognize sweet tastes. If milk is watered down to one quarter of its normal strength, and a hungry cat is then offered an option between the watery milk laced with sucrose versus the same milk with no sweetener, they will without fail, choose the sweet dishes.
If this is the case, how come it has been rejected in the past? The answer lies in the fact that in almost all tests cats disregard the sweetness factor when making a choice. It's such a small significance to them they all but ignore it. If, for instance, they're tested with whole or even half and half milk, they express no preference for the more sweetened examples. Their reaction to the milk itself is too strong. Only if the milk factor is considerably diluted does the sweetness factor start to show up. And so, while cats do savor the taste, they do so at a really modest dismantle.
Sour taste is a cat's foremost reaction; followed by bitter, then salt and the last one is sweet. As food touches the tongue it comes in contact with sensory papillae there. These papillae (nubs) are strong, rough and backward pointing and are located in the middle of the tongue. In this area, there's a specialization of the tongue's surface that doesn't have anything to do with taste. So, there aren't any taste buds in this central area. It's a zone related solely with scraping meat from bones or with cleaning fur. The taste buds are limited to the tip, the sides and the back of the tongue only.
Continue Reading About How Sensitive Is A Cat's Taste?
New Article - How to Solve Litter box Problems in Multi-cat Homes
New Article - New Recipes Transform Canned Cat Food
New Article - How to Control the Smell From the Litter Box
New Article - Cat Bathing Tips and Tricks
New Article - 8 Secrets For Giving a Cat a Bath
San Antonio Texas Pet Scene
Add a Shelter Cat to Your Family Today
Stray Cat Adoptions of Texas (SCAT)P.O. Box 700571
San Antonio, Texas 78270
Attn: Denise Duchaine
SCAT runs weekend cat adoption centers at several PetSmart locations in San Antonio.
San Antonio Feral Cat CoalitionSan Antonio Feral Cat Coalition
San Antonio Feral Cat Coalition is organized to promote Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) and public education of feral cat issues in the San Antonio area.
South Texas Persian RescueSouth Texas Persian Rescue
We are a rescue specializing in rescuing persians, himalayans, exotic shorthairs, and ragdolls. Most of our rescued cats are pulled from shelters. Some are given up by their owners due to family situations, financial situations, or a behavioral problem the cat is having. All cats are treated for any existing medical condition(s); they are spayed/neutered, FIV/FELV tested, and given all necessary immunizations before adoption; and any behavioral problem(s) the cat may have is addressed and resolved. All of our foster kitties are housed in actual homes with foster parents - so they get used to being in a home environment.
The Humane Society / SPCA of Bexar CountyThe Humane Society / SPCA of Bexar County
The Humane Society/SPCA of Bexar County has served Bexar County and its surrounding areas since 1952.
Animal Defense LeagueAnimal Defense League
The ADL has a nice Cat House and always has cats and kittens for adoption
Become part of the San Antonio Pet SceneEmail me your Pet related announcements and I will post them for free. firstname.lastname@example.org
New Article - Are You Abusing Your Cat?
Newest Cat and Kitten Articles
Warning: array_values() [function.array-values]: The argument should be an array in /home1/catnews/public_html/rotator.php on line 60